Preference shareholder in Prescient Empowerment Trust Proprietary Limited, being the controlling shareholder of Prescient Holdings Proprietary Limited (“Prescient”), which indirectly gives Stellar Capital Partners the rights and economic benefits of an effective 19.4% interest in Prescient
The significant units of Prescient’s financial services operations comprise:
- Investment management: Prescient Investment Management manages money on behalf of retirement funds, medical aid schemes, other retirement vehicles and corporate entities, trusts and individuals.
- Securities: Prescient Securities operates in a competitive stock broking market and offers efficient trade and execution services as well as a diverse research competency.
- Fund services: Prescient Fund Services is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Prescient that offers specialist outsourced administration (including hedge fund administration), platform services and global execution services to asset managers, multi-managers and other institutional investment providers.Current third party assets under administration exceed R260 billion.
- Management company: Prescient Management Company offers collective investment schemes (unit trusts) to retail and institutional clients who wish to access Prescient Investment Management’s distinctive investment style and philosophy through an efficient vehicle.
- China: Prescient Investment Management has a representative office in Shanghai and was the first institution in Africa to be granted a Qualified Foreign Institutional Investor license by the Chinese authorities.